Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR....



I was going to start the new year with an inspiring quote like Edith Lovejoy Pierce's

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."

But the realist/ pessimist inside drew me to Mark Twain's

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."

LOL.

Not one to be a moist duvet (or wet blanket if you prefer) at this happiest of moments, I'll kindly leave the world with a quote that appeals to your inner "Errr...WTH?!?! face" by Mr Jay Leno:

"New Year's Eve, where old acquaintance be forgot. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive."

LOL.

Happy new year!!!!!! I honestly (perhaps foolishly) believe something wonderful is around the corner. For me at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment