Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Story In 6 Words


I got this off Paulo Coelho's blog at www.pauolocoelho@blogspot.com. I think it's really cool!

Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words (“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”) and is said to have called it his best work.
WIRED asked several writers to do the same. Here are some examples:

With bloody hands, I say good-bye.
- Frank Miller

I’m your future, child. Don’t cry.
- Stephen Baxter

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card


Mine said: Laughter, the shortest distance between two.

My friend's said: I'll only live once, through you.


Some clever ones from commenters were:

Mike: There was love, and still is.

Casey: Loss, mourning, learning- life goes on.

Victor_Sokovin: New Address. White House. We can.

Death in PAris, c’est la Vie!!!

natalia: Gave him my soul-he left

MarieCharisma: God, I think I’m an atheist

Corine Hoogerheide-van den Akker: But nevertheless..why shouldn’t I try?

Heimo Kruschinski: The coffee is empty. As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment