Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Daddy



Happy Fathers day to The Sage, The Head, The man trusted above all others. To the Simple man, the honest, straightforward Advice Giver, The One who laughs with eyes crinkled at the corners, just like mine, and refers to me(voice laced with pride) as 'A Clown'. To my Daddy, The One with the booming voice and endearing names for his girls, The Proud One whose greatest happiness is sharing my happiest moments.

Happy Fathers day to you Daddy, in thanksgiving for all the little things you do that you don’t think I appreciate, the usually unwanted but always needed advice, your vicarious living through me; my successes are always sweeter for knowing you enjoy them far more than I do…..with the way you boast about even my tiniest achievements.



Thanks for our arguments; for listening to me loudly & angrily state my often flawed opinion…..and then promptly shutting me up with a clever argument or the sure-fire “So long as you live in my house…..”

Thank you for reminding me that regardless of who thinks otherwise, THE WORLD IS MINE....and everyone else is just visiting:-). For teaching me that I am worth much more than the sum of my body parts, important enough to set standards and expect them to be kept by anyone daring to (attempt the impossible &) replace you as ‘Mon Homme Numéro Un’. So, to Daddy, for making me believe impossible is nothing….I am Me,only because You are You.

Love always,

Your (prettiest & most likely to procure the highest bride price*watches her sisters frown angrily like the Biblical Gad & Nahptali*)Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment